Ok this is a basic guide line for the sandwiches. These are soooooooo good!!! I added Garlic and Onion Powder, sliced mushrooms (don’t add till last hour) and I also added two tablespoons of Better Than Bouillon Beef paste to add more flavor. I sliced the meat real thin and let it soak in juices for one hour. I also made a gravy from some of the liquid and drizzled it on the sandwiches.
- 4 pounds rump roast (chuck roast also works)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (guinness is the best, but any heavy thick beer will work)
- 6 French rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Provolone cheese
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup, spices and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through. Then add cheese and melt in oven.
- Slice the meat thin and let soak in juice for one hour (at this time you can add sliced mushrooms if you like)
- If you want to use gravy to add to the sandwiches take some juice and add some cornstarch to it to thicken.
- Place meat and gravy on rolls. Serve with extra juice or gravy to dip in and Enjoy!!!!